Now that you’ve got yourself organised, you need to remind yourself what the jobs are that you need to do.
Review appropriate lists at appropriate times. For example
- Check Calendar at the start of the day
- Look at General Tasks to be done
- When on the phone, look for tasks marked phone
- When in a meeting, look at the tasks for that meeting
Review your whole system once a week.
- Check Calendar for forthcoming events
- Check projects have a Next Action
- Check Next Actions are being performed
- Check Wait list to see if anything needs chasing
- Check Maybe list to see if anything is ready to proceed
- Pause or drop projects that aren’t going ahead
If you’re not up to date at the weekly review you won’t be able to convince yourself that your system is remembering for you. You’ll go back to worrying that you’ve forgotten something.